The tilt-away trash basket should always be in the drawer when using compactor bags. Note: For a few special installations where the adjustable feet have been set to the low screwed-in position, and/or if the compactor is mounted on an extra thick shag or similar type of carpet, the rubber kickboard molding might drag on the when the drawer is opened. Should this happen, simply remove the kickboard and cut the molding with a pair of scissors to suit your installation.
1. Close the large trash drawer
2. Switch the key to the unlocked (vertical) position
3. Push the Start button position. Even when the air fan is not running, the filter will be working to remove odor. The fan will create a fast air movement for greater efficiency. Trash compactor odor is absorbed by the charcoal filter. The trash compactor filter need be replaced just once or twice a year. Usage time before trash compactor filter replacement is necessary may vary with the types of trash compacted.
To remove and replace filter, proceed as follows:
1. After pulling trash drawer out to a fully opened position, reach into the right rear corner where the filter is located. Note: Filter is taped into place at factory for shipping purposes. Remove the tape from bottom of filter and filter housing.
2. Release filter from bottom clip and pull filter down.
3. Push replacement filter up into place within top clips. Snap securely behind bottom clip.
The tilt-away basket may be used with or without trash bags. You will probably want to try it both ways before deciding how you wish to use your compactor. Dump the compacted trash from the half-basket into either the trash can or the plastic trash bag.
Caution: The compact trash will probably contain crushed and broken glass, metal cans, and other sharp objects. Always use the half basket to handle and dump trash. Do not use your bare hands.
If expert trash compactor repair assistance in Middletown is required, the services of competent professionals are available 24/7 at our local phone number.